Welcome to Fabric Junkie

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So here it goes, about me........

So here goes my first attempt at craft blogging. I have been photo and family blogging on my personal family blog, but now I gonna attempt to blog to my fellow crafters. I have been reading so many amazing craft blogs and participating in the wonderful tutorials so I thought it was time to give back to the craft blog community.

So let's start with introducing myself. My name is Christine, I am the wife of my wonderful husband Aaron and mother of my adorable 6 year old basset hound Abby. I am a senior at Sam Houston State University at the College of Business.

I remember as a child watching my mother sew and her making clothes for me and my sister. Sadly she died of cancer when I was a preteen so she never had the chance to teach me to sew. I have hauled her sewing machine with me throughout my life and have said one day I am going to learn to sew. So this past summer I decided it was time to pull it out and finally learn how to use it. Since it hasn't been used in at least 18 years it wasn't working very well and would need a lot of work. So my husband bought me a slightly used Singer sewing machine from a friend. Since my Grandmother, Aunt, cousin and some friends all quilt, I decided I would give it a try.

So here are my craft and baking projects, since I am a college student I am going to try to do them as frugally as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment...I love hearing from you!