Welcome to Fabric Junkie

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas gifts....

Aaron was very sick the week of Christmas while I spent it sewing my little heart out making two Christmas gift. I made my Grandmother and Aaron's grandmother both table runners. It sounds quick but they took longer then I expected.

I used the recipe for the skinny verna from moda bakeshop to make one of them. The fabric I used was Aster Manor by 3 Sisters for Moda.
http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/02/skinny-verna.html



This was a very frugal project:
$9.00 Charm pack (only used 1.25 inches of each piece of fabric so the remaining can be used on a future project)
$3.17 for 1/3 yard of fabric for border and binding
$3.17 for 1/3 yard of fabric for backing
For a total of $15.34

Sadly, I caught bronchitis from Aaron and so being sick I forgot to take a picture of Aaron's grandmother table runner before giving it to her. We will be visiting them again soon so I will get a picture of it and post it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment...I love hearing from you!